I am delighted to announce the publication of the 4th edition, 2015/2016, of Jordans "The International Family Law Practice".
The third edition was published September 2013 but there have been a lot of changes in the international family law arena since then.
This new edition has been fully updated and it is the law as at 1 January 2015. It includes:
- Relevant domestic procedural changes brought about by the introduction of the unified Family Court
- Case law in respect of the EU Maintenance Regulation
- Exploration of the opportunities, post-Prest, for orders in respect of foreign trusts and companies
- Examination of the best interests test in the context of applications to take children abroad
- New chapters on public law in the international context and the introduction of cross-border domestic violence protection
- Initial decisions under the 1996 Hague Child Protection Convention
- The 2007 Hague Maintenance Convention
- New Chapter on EU involvement in Family Law
I am extremely grateful to my fellow authors, Edward Bennett, Helen Blackburn, Nadine Finch, Louisa Ghevaert, Katharine Landell, Louise McCallum, Nazia Rashid, David Salter, Timothy Scott QC, Anna Simmonds, Ann Thomas and Aidan Vine. Thank you also to the editors and others at Jordans particularly Greg Woodgate, Kate Hather and Claire Banyard. Thank you to Prof Nigel Lowe for the Foreword.