I am an English qualified and accredited solicitor. For most of my career , I have specialised in financial aspects of relationship breakdown in complex cases involving medium and substantial assets. Almost all my cases now have an international element. My clients are from England and abroad, both men and women and from all walks of life although some concentrations in the IT and media/entertainment industries, the professions and entrepreneurs.
- Law Society Pt II Exams, Distinction in Accounts, 1976 and 1977
- Admitted as Solicitor of Supreme Court of England and Wales, June 1978.
- Deputy District Judge, Principal Registry of the Family Division, now Central Family Court, London, June 1995
- English Family mediator, June 1999.
- SFLA (resolution) Accredited Family Law Specialist, Oct 1999; specialist portfolios in Substantial Asset cases and International cases
- Family arbitrator, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Oct 2001
- Solicitor of Supreme Court of New South Wales, Solicitor and Barrister of the High Court of Australia, and Australian Mediator, October 2003
- Licensed Church of England occasional preacher 2016
Accreditations and Awards
I am an Accredited Family Law Specialist (with portfolios in Substantial Assets and International Cases), a Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a past trustee of Marriage Resource, a Fellow of the Centre for Social Justice and a member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia. I am a Fellow of the Asian Institute of ADR Professionals. I have been a member of the Lawyers Christian Fellowship since my days as a trainee solicitor.
I have been a member of the Advisory Board of the Law Commission in respect of their work on “Marital Agreements, Matrimonial Property and Needs”, and of the Advisory Board of the Financial Services Authority on provision of information for separating and divorcing couples.
In November 2011 I received the prestigious inaugural Jordans Family Law Commentator of the Year award for my “outstanding contribution to commentary on family law matters”, as voted by family lawyers.